As we continue to work on recognizing and writing names in our classroom. We made our sensory bin into a name-focused center.
This one was really easy to set-up: I got paper from the shredder in the office and dumped magnetic letters into it that we already had in our classroom. We put sheets with it so that students would have to sort which letters were in or not in their names (I can’t seem to find these exact worksheets- they were given to us by a co-worker. Here is a similar one.) We told them to write their name at the top of the sheet, then pick letters at random and sort them into the right category.
They had a lot of fun with this and it started getting them working on all the letters, not just the ones in their names.